PBI-Gordon Corporation Opens New Headquarters
PBI-Gordon Corporation announced this week that it has officially moved into its new corporate headquarters, located at Shawnee Crossings office building, 22701 West 68th Terrace in Shawnee, Kansas. PBI-Gordon manufactures consumer and professional turf and landscape products, and animal health, nutrition and grooming products.
PBI-Gordon announced its purchase of the building in March 2018. Since then, the building has undergone renovations to accommodate approximately 100 of the company’s employee owners. PBI-Gordon currently employs more than 400 nationally in facilities in Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, and Florida.
PBI-Gordon has been headquartered in the Kansas City metro area since its founding in 1947. The company recently moved from its former headquarters at 1217 W. 12th Street in Kansas City, Missouri’s West Bottoms, where it had been since 1981.
According to Don Chew, president and CEO of PBI-Gordon Corporation, “PBI-Gordon has had steady growth through the years attributed to launching new products and increasing market share across all customer segments. Our new headquarters at Shawnee Crossing will give us room to accommodate this growth, provide a modern and interactive environment for our employee-owners, and continue to be part of the fabric of the greater Kansas City community.”
“We couldn’t be happier to have PBI-Gordon in Shawnee Crossings,” said Shawnee Mayor Michelle Distler. “They’re not just bringing 100 jobs to our City, they’re also bringing a rich history of 70 years of success. That kind of stability will be great for Shawnee and for the state.”
PBI-Gordon Corporate Headquarters Facts
- Address: 22701 West 68th Terrace, Shawnee, Kansas
- The 95,510 square foot office building was constructed in 2004, originally occupied by Perceptive Software. The building has been vacant for four years.
- More than 100 employee-owners are moving with the headquarters to Shawnee.
- Nearly 50% of all employees at PBI-Gordon headquarters live in Kansas.
- No research or manufacturing will be done at the Shawnee headquarters. Local research and manufacturing will remain at the company’s Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri facilities.
PBI-Gordon Corporation Facts
- PBI-Gordon was founded in 1947, and has been headquartered in the Kansas City metro for its entire existence.
- PBI-Gordon groups serve the turf and ornamental and animal health industries.
- PBI-Gordon is 100% employee-owned.
- PBI-Gordon has grown to approximately 400 employee owners located in facilities in Kansas, Missouri, Florida, and Illinois; Members of the sales teams are located all over the country.
- In addition to the turf and ornamental management groups located in Kansas City, PBI-Gordon business units include Pegasus Laboratories and PRN Pharmacal in Pensacola, Florida, and Pet-Ag Incorporated, located in Hampshire, Illinois.
With a line of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, growth regulators and other products, PBI-Gordon Corporation is a national leader in the professional turf and ornamental management industry. The company also develops and markets products for the consumer lawn, garden, and farm and ranch markets, as well as animal health and grooming products for consumers and veterinarians. Based in the Kansas City metro area, PBI-Gordon has been in business since 1947, and is 100 percent employee-owned.
Mentzer PR Group (for PBI-Gordon)