EPA Accepts New Union™ Fungicide SC
PBI-Gordon Corporation announces that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently accepted Union™ Fungicide SC. It will be available for sale in early 2020.
Testing has shown that Union is highly effective in the preventative and curative treatment of Pythium diseases (blight, damping-off, root dysfunction, root rot), brown patch, anthracnose, cool weather brown patch, yellow patch, fairy ring, gray leaf spot, red thread, summer patch and rhizoctonia. It is approved for use on golf courses, residential and commercial properties, sod farms, and sports fields.
Features of Union™ Fungicide SC include*:
- A flowable liquid, Union is a formulation of the active ingredients azoxystrobin and cyazofamid
- Dual modes of action in the fungicide features a proprietary combination of chemistry found in FRAC Groups 11 and 21
- Labeled for use on all cool-season and warm-season turfgrasses: Kentucky bluegrass, fine fescues, tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, bentgrass, Bermudagrass (common or hybrid), bahiagrass, buffalograss, centipedegrass, kikuyugrass, seashore paspalum, St. Augustinegrass and zoysiagrass
- The labeled application rate range is 2.9 to 5.75 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- Sold in 2.5-gallon jugs*
- No temperature restrictions
* Pending state registration. Always read and follow label directions.
With a line of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, growth regulators and other products, PBI-Gordon Corporation is a national leader in the professional turf and ornamental management industry. The company also develops and markets products for the consumer lawn, garden, and farm and ranch markets, as well as animal health and grooming products for consumers and veterinarians. Based in the Kansas City metro area, PBI-Gordon has been in business since 1947, and is 100 percent employee-owned.
Mentzer PR Group (for PBI-Gordon)